"Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..." Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall by fairy_dust
Sundsvall Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 134 photos
I lived in Sundsvall, Sweden for five months, from January to June 2003. I was an exchange student, so I took courses at the Sundsvall campus of Mid Sweden University (Mitthogskolan).
I was there with a big group of other exchange students from different parts of Europe. We spent a lot of time together and had lots of fun. Lots of parties and lots of going out at night (especially with the Dutch group). I also met a lot of local Swedish people by getting involved in the university theatre group.
My semester in Sweden was great, and I'll never forget it. I had many great experiences and met many friends. A semester abroad at Mid Sweden University is definitely something that I recommend to any university student who is interested in a student exchange.
Here are a few other websites to check out that include information on an student exchange trip to Sundsvall:
The website of Mid Sweden University (Mitthogskolan). Information is available in English if you click on "English Web". Then, to the "International Office" section for info on getting involved in an exchange.
This is the website of the three Dutch guys from my exchange student group. The site is in Dutch, so if you can read Dutch, you can check out their journal. And if even if you don't know Dutch, you can still check out their photo album (under "foto album"). They have pictures of their own experience in Sweden, which includes the university campus, the nature, and the people they encountered (including myself!)
This site belongs to two German exchange students from my group who were in Sweden for two semesters. It is mostly in German, but it has some journal entries and photo album descriptions in English.
The main religion in Sweden is Lutheran, and Gustav Adolfs Church is the main Lutheran parish in Sundsvall. I think the... more travel advice
Since drinks in bars can be expensive, many Swedes prefer to drink at a pre-party before going out. They buy their... more travel advice
- See All Info about bars
- See All Info about drinking and bars
- See All Boutiques
- See All Using a car
- See All A nice place to eat at
fairy_dust's Related Pages
Sundsvall Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..."
- "Sundsvall, Sweden"
- "Welcome to SUNDSVALL"
- "Erika_M's new Sundsvall Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sundsvall
- Hotels in Sundsvall
- Transportation in Sundsvall
- Nightlife in Sundsvall
- Restaurants in Sundsvall
- Shopping in Sundsvall
- Warnings and Dangers in Sundsvall
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sundsvall
- 47 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Sundsvall?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sundsvall
Photos in SundsvallSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Sevilla Intro, 65 reviews, 112 photos
- Montreal Intro, 77 reviews, 98 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salamanca Intro, 80 reviews, 83 photos, 4 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 31 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 48 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlottetown Intro, 64 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall Intro, 47 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dominican Republic Intro, 30 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 29 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cascais Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues