"Sundsvall i mitt hjarta..." Top 5 Page for this destination Sundsvall by fairy_dust

Sundsvall Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 134 photos

Brief notes on my experience in Sundsvall

I lived in Sundsvall, Sweden for five months, from January to June 2003. I was an exchange student, so I took courses at the Sundsvall campus of Mid Sweden University (Mitthogskolan).

I was there with a big group of other exchange students from different parts of Europe. We spent a lot of time together and had lots of fun. Lots of parties and lots of going out at night (especially with the Dutch group). I also met a lot of local Swedish people by getting involved in the university theatre group.

My semester in Sweden was great, and I'll never forget it. I had many great experiences and met many friends. A semester abroad at Mid Sweden University is definitely something that I recommend to any university student who is interested in a student exchange.

Other sites to check out

Here are a few other websites to check out that include information on an student exchange trip to Sundsvall:

www.mh.se
The website of Mid Sweden University (Mitthogskolan). Information is available in English if you click on "English Web". Then, to the "International Office" section for info on getting involved in an exchange.

arw.inzweden.nl
This is the website of the three Dutch guys from my exchange student group. The site is in Dutch, so if you can read Dutch, you can check out their journal. And if even if you don't know Dutch, you can still check out their photo album (under "foto album"). They have pictures of their own experience in Sweden, which includes the university campus, the nature, and the people they encountered (including myself!)

www.schweden.schirwitz.de
This site belongs to two German exchange students from my group who were in Sweden for two semesters. It is mostly in German, but it has some journal entries and photo album descriptions in English.

• Last visit to Sundsvall: Jun 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2004

• sourbugger's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2011 at 1:26 PM

good stuff. happy new year.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Check out the big stud muffin guy in the left of my first Rimini picture...

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Nice tips Amelie!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 11:25 AM

Hi Amelie, I just stumbled on your excellent Sundsvall pages and they certainly brought back some memories. I played a couple of gigs there a few years ago in the Tonhalle (sp). Nice one. fergy.

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Nice place Amelie!! And interesting stories.

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2004 at 9:32 AM

interesting experiences, like always in your trips!

• Wann's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2004 at 11:32 AM

Very informative page, nice photos and good tips as well.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2004 at 6:34 AM

I am really enjoying exploring some of these small unknown places. Its been a fun forum topic. Great page.

• Nobbe's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2004 at 3:06 PM

Those parties is a swedish tradition... =) Especially during the university days.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2004 at 12:19 PM

Welcome to VT, Amelie. You've posted some very good tips and information. I enjoyed Sundsvall a great deal. Warmest greetings from Florida.

fairy_dust

“Draco Dormiens Nunquam Tittilandus”

Badges & Stats in Sundsvall

Have you been to Sundsvall?

Latest Activity in Sundsvall