"ASHLAND is a Great Visit" Ashland by babybird
Ashland Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 30 photos
On my Summer 2005 Trip to The North Shore of Lake Superior, I decided that I would use Ashland as a means of breaking up the trip and shortening my driving to Grand Marais, MN. This proved to not only be a wise choice, but also a pleasant surprise. I had only a cursory knowledge of Ashland prior to this visit. I am convinced that I will be
returning frequently after my pleasant stay there.
Like a lot of small towns, Ashland does tend to close down fairly early, but there is still a fair amount of nightlife and excellent food to be found, as well as live music. It is home to a fine university, plenty of shipping
and industry remnants, and features a broad range of accommodations.
People are extremely friendly and I found myself at home almost immediately. There are many attractive views of Lake Superior to
photograph, and the area seems to be free from most of the big-city crime that can ruin a vacation. All in all, Ashland has much to be proud of and I will enjoy a return trip next summer.
- Pros:Pleasant City on Lake Superior with gorgeous scenic views
- Cons:Changable weather. Shop around for your hotel rates and ammenities.
- In a nutshell:Very nice place to visit and relax as a destination or stopover!!!
The trip to Copper Falls State Park is certainly worth it for photo opportunities and hiking. The park is very modern... more travel advice
As with most Lake Superior towns, I would pack a variety of warm and cold/wet weather gear. Summers can move the... more travel advice
babybird's Related Pages
Ashland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to the Apostle Islands"
- "carolinarose's new Ashland page"
- "ASHLAND is a Great Visit"
- "Northern Woods"
- "tmp200's new Ashland Page"
- "My Birthplace"
- "Basaic Ashland Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ashland
- Hotels in Ashland
- Transportation in Ashland
- Nightlife in Ashland
- Restaurants in Ashland
- Shopping in Ashland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ashland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ashland
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ashland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashland
Top 10 Pages
- Grand Marais Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Appleton Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Temperance River State Park Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Duluth Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Ashland Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Milwaukee Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Fort Myers Intro, 5 reviews
- Panama City Beach Intro, 4 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Des Moines Intro, 4 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo