"A SMALL TOWN GEM ON THE NORTH SHORE" Two Harbors by babybird
Two Harbors Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 60 photos
My wife and I spent some time in Two Harbors during a 2003 vacation
on the north shore. Last summer I spent a night in the town and thoroughly enjoyed myself. It has a certain small-town charm and can pride itself in some excellent little cafes with memorable meals and outstanding coffee. The little city has a rich history of mining and railroading, as well as some interesting homes as you drive through it. You will find a few intriguing rock and gift shops along the main drag downtown, as well as a few pleasant watering holes
One thing about the north shore I appreciate is it has yet to be overwhelmed by a sea of "fast food chains" or "national" restaurants that seem to take over whole towns and zap the localism. (However on my recent trip I have noticed that starting to change here as well.) The rest of it is all localized and unique, as is the array of food and desserts available. You'll NEED to hike some of the nearby waterfall parks if you eat well in this town. (And that's a good thing!!!)
If you are ready to "gear down" a bit and just enjoy a slower pace for
a few days while enjoying the natural beauty of Lake Superior's rugged North Shore, I highly recommend a stop in Two Harbors. Like Grand Marais to the north, and Mexico Beach in Florida, it is a pleasant self contained town where you can relax, enjoy some sightseeing, and
get away from all the noise and
hectic pace of the bigger cities.
- Pros:More LOCAL Restaurants--Fewer CHAINS
- Cons:Like most small towns, things seem to shut down early
- In a nutshell:A refreshing change from Urban Sprawl and Noise
Just two elementary things: Hwy 61 runs right through the main drag of Two Harbors. This sometimes means some delays... more travel advice
babybird's Related Pages
Two Harbors Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Harbors"
- "Burgfresh's new Two Harbors Page"
- "My New Home"
- "Two Harbors"
- "A SMALL TOWN GEM ON THE NORTH SHORE"
- "Two Harbors Lighthouse"
- "Two Harbors, Minnesota"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Two Harbors
- Hotels in Two Harbors
- Transportation in Two Harbors
- Restaurants in Two Harbors
- Shopping in Two Harbors
- Warnings and Dangers in Two Harbors
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Two Harbors
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Two Harbors?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Two Harbors
Top 10 Pages
- Grand Marais Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Appleton Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Temperance River State Park Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Duluth Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Ashland Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Milwaukee Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Fort Myers Intro, 5 reviews
- Panama City Beach Intro, 4 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Des Moines Intro, 4 reviews
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
Latest Two Harbors hotel reviews