"Devon: a City created around an oil well" Devon by Hanau93
Devon Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 20 photos
The town of Devon owes its existence to one of the biggest oil discoveries in the world, the Leduc 1 in 1947 . It is located 26 km of Edmonton on the southside of the North Saskatchewan River.. it is quite close to the Edmonton International airport and we always travel via Devon when we pick up friends and family from the airport..However, a quite a few people have discovered this little shortcut now, so it's getting quite busy. We stopped in Devon on the way to Battle Lake and had supper at KFC..
We went by it on the way home on a Sunday so of course it was closed..
When coming from HWY 60 via the Enoch Indian Reserve this is the view you get. Quite a dramatic drop and a great view of the River .It looks the most dramatic in fall. You can also go down to the river and fish and or even get wet a bit..Many Edmontonians do so..
I took the pic through the car window, thus it's not the best quality.
Hanau93's Related Pages
Devon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Devon, heart of the Leduc oilfield"
- "Devon: a City created around an oil well"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devon
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Devon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devon
Photos in DevonSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue