"BATTLE LAKE and not really Pigeon Lake..:)" Pigeon Lake by Hanau93
Pigeon Lake Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 15 photos
Since Battle Lake was not listed I was basically forced to put it under Pigeon Lake.. But-- in all fairness Battle Lake is indeed very closely located beside the much bigger lake and it only takes less than 10 min to get there from Pigeon Lake..Battle Lake has a public campground but we stayed on the Alberta 4 H Centre for our scrapbooking retreat which is overlooking the lake from a hill. The view is absolutely breathtaking and the centre has much to offer.
The pic above shows the middle of the lake with some Canada geese taking a swim and as you can tell it was a bit cloudy and cool when we went for our walk in the evening.. The day we left for the 4H we had 19C degrees but of course when you go on holidays it has to get cooler..It must have been only 8 C when we went for our walk at 7PM. Regardless , we had fun!
It was incredibly peaceful and it was so nice not to hear any traffic noises at all.Just the loons and the geese..Paradise..What does 4 h stand for?? Stay tuned..:)
- Pros:awesome vista, peaceful
- Cons:None whatsoever..
- In a nutshell:I'd love to return one day..soon...
I wasn't actually staying there but saw it from the outside and my neighbour and her husband very much enjoyed it... more travel advice
The beach is well known in Alberta and people from Edmonton and Calgary drive up to enjoy the lake. There are firepits,... more travel advice
Hanau93's Related Pages
Pigeon Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BATTLE LAKE and not really Pigeon Lake..:)"
- "Pigeon Lake Zeiner Provincial Park"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pigeon Lake
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Pigeon Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pigeon Lake
- Posted in Travel Victoria Forum "Re: Fable Cottage Estate.."
- Wrote a Review One of the few restaurants in Pigeon Lake Restaurants
- Commented on one of backpacker_andi's Pigeon Lake travel pages
- updated a Pigeon Lake Travel Page "BATTLE LAKE and not really Pigeon Lake..:)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Alberta 4H Centre"
Photos in Pigeon LakeSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue