"St. Albert, Alberta" Saint Albert by Hanau93
Saint Albert Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 49 photos
St. Albert is one of the oldest communities of Alberta. It was founded by the Oblate priests of Mary Immaculate and named after Father Albert Lacombe. Predominantely a Metis Settlement St. Albert changed quickly with the arrival of the priests. It has now grown to a town of over 60.000 inhabitants.
St. Albert is only a few minutes away from Edmonton but has kept its uniqueness.
Designed by famous Metis/Blackfoot architect Douglas Cardinal St.Albert Place houses a theatre,museum, library and city hall.
A must to visit! For two months at summer the plaza hosts a huge farmer's market .
A bridge that is typical for the last century's architecture here in the Prairies..
- Pros:beautiful parks along the river
- Cons:poor bus connections
The St. Albert Botanic Park, is part of St. Albert's Red Willow Park Trail system. The park is home to numerous... more travel advice
....is located on Sir Winston Churchill Avenue Southbound just before Riel Drive starts. Lions Park is a great park for... more travel advice
Hanau93's Related Pages
Saint Albert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Albert, Alberta"
- "St Albert"
- "St. Albert"
- "ST. Albert"
- "Home in St Albert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Albert
- Transportation in Saint Albert
- Restaurants in Saint Albert
- Shopping in Saint Albert
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Albert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Albert
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Saint Albert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Albert
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue