"Muenchen- the City With Heart" München by Hanau93
München Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 134 photos
The title above refers to Munich's name in German, "Stadt mit Herz". Since I have relatives in this great city I have been there fairly often and fell in love easily. There is so much to see and the people are incredibly friendly..And not to mention the great food.
Also, the Alps are not very far away at all and within half an hour you can see the foot hills. But first of all I shall never forget my first view of downtown Munich as the escalator brought us up to the Marienplatz with the very impressive City Hall. It's a great spot to discover the city from there as everything is so closely located to each other.
Muenchen was probably founded in 1158 by Heinrich the Lion and was firsat mentioned as a city in the year of 1214. Today Munich serves as the capital of Bayern ( Bavaria)
The Impressive City Hall houses a beautiful little Glockenspiel with little figurines that turn. Every day at noon this little display takes place and it's fun to watch..Mind you, your neck can get sore after a little while..:)
The ' Altes Rathaus" was constructed between 1470 and 1474 . The architect was Joerg Halsbach who was also responsible for the Frauenkirche. The 'Neue Rathaus was erected in the style of the Flemish Gothic..
Church of our Lady...
The architect was Joerg Halsbach and the church was built between 1468 and 1488 with the help of the citizens of Munich. It stands 99 metres high. If you take a close look you will notice that the clock towers are not the same size which is quite interesting..
- Pros:proximity to the mountains
- In a nutshell:Awesome city with great people!
Built for the 1972 Olympic Games it is a must see. One can spend a whole afternoon there to visit the numerous venues... more travel advice
Hanau93's Related Pages
München Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavaria's capital"
- "Muenchen- the City With Heart"
- "München, capital of Bavaria"
- "I have to move this page under the "Munich" sectio"
- "München 2001/2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in München
- Hotels in München
- Transportation in München
- Restaurants in München
- Shopping in München
- See All...
Badges & Stats in München
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to München?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in München
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos