"Villedieu" Villedieu-les-Poëles by Hanau93
Villedieu-les-Poëles Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 19 photos
We were only in Villedieu for a day as my friend Nicole's twin sister Jacqueline was working there and we drove down for a visit. We of course were located in Isigny at that time and about an hour or so away. Our drive took us through St. Lo and in every little town the remnants of the last World War was visible. We saw many signs for Allied graveyards and monuments in remembrance of those who gave their lives for freedom.
Villedieu is a charming little town that is well known for it's brass and copper work ( especially the pans from which the name poeles derives) It is also famous for its artisanal manufacture of large church bells, which was started by immigrants from Lorraine around 1780. The church is rather impressive and worth a visit.
Jackie and I in front of the cenotaph which is dedicated to the children of Villedieu.
Hanau93's Related Pages
Villedieu-les-Poëles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If you love copper cooking pots . . ."
- "Visiting the Cornille-Havard Bell Foundry"
- "Yes, come, visit, buy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Villedieu-les-Poëles
- Restaurants in Villedieu-les-Poëles
- Shopping in Villedieu-les-Poëles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Villedieu-les-Poëles
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Villedieu-les-Poëles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Villedieu-les-Poëles
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue