"Bea's Travel Pages" Hanau93's Profile
I was born and raised in Hanau, Germany, but immigrated to Canada 23 years ago. I now live in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada, one of the oldest communities of our province. Having grown up in Germany of course enabled to visit a variety of countries which I greatly enjoyed. The first country I travelled to was the island of Mallorca at the age of three. Of course I don't remember much other than being fascinated by palm trees. Well, actually I still am. :)Our second trip took us to Rivabella di Rimini, Italy, and we drove through Austria as well as Switzerland.
Austria though became my parents favourite vacation spot, the towns of Going and Erpfendorf to be exact. Both are located at the foot of the WILDE KAISER MOUNTAIN range.. As a teenager I ventured much farther to Paris,
Normandy, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Sweden until I "jumped " over the big pond to Canada...I ended up in the Prairie Province of Alberta and lived in Edmonton for just about a year before moving to St. Albert.. I like my new country however I sometimes miss the proximity to other countries as I am a bit limited here in North America.. :) But of course I can always travel via VT which is fun too..
More recently I had to travel to Germany twice as my mother fell very ill and my son and spent our worst x-mas ever, praying that she would survive. Every day was spent at the ICU and thankfully she fought as much as she could.We were looking forward to return this past July, but the fight was too much for her. On April 28 God took Mom home. In July I did return to be part of her Memorial Service. Hence this has been a tough year for my family but there is also hope..
2009 has so far started quite nicely. A childhood dream came true: I was able to go to England to visit someone very special who gave me a great tour of the country. I spent a few days in London, explored the English country side, saw Stonehenge and even made it to the seaside..I have to admit I fell in love with the little lovely villages..I miss it..:) But summer is coming and a visit to the mountains is beckoning..to be continued..:)
Getting off the plane in Palma de Mallorca.
I love travelling as I enjoy getting to know about the various cultures, history and of course the people. At times I feel a bit isolated here in North America but hopefully I will be able to venture farther South in the future..
BTW I am the one holding the huge bear..He is quite a traveller too..He even made it here to Canada..:) Some of you wanted to know his name, so here goes: ZOTTY..:) He might need his own page..:)
St. Albert, Alberta.. just a few km NW of Edmonton. Pictured here St. Albert Place in downtown St. Albert..You can find more info on my St. Albert pages..
Hanau am Main is located 19 km southeast
of Frankfurt but a big town on its own..famous for the Brothers Grimm and composer Paul Hindemith. Plus the ex-coach of the German National team, Rudi Voeller , was also born there..
1. Phoenix, Arizona
2. Going, Tirol, Austria
3. Danville, California
4. London, England
5. Munich ( Muenchen), Germany
6. Paris, France
7. Santa Barbara, California
8. Stockholm, Sweden
9. Hanau, Germany
10. Jasper, Alberta, Canada
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 121 Reviews
- 476 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 43 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- created a South Haven Travel Page "South Haven"
- Uploaded a Photo to "South Haven"
- Hanau93 and worldkiwi are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Mount Edith Cavell about Hikes /Trails in Jasper National Park Things to Do
- Commented on balhannah's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Bea's Travel Pages"
- Posted in Travel Victoria Forum "Re: Fable Cottage Estate.."
Top 10 Pages
- Hanau am Main Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Saint Albert Intro, 17 reviews, 21 photos
- Edmonton Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Jasper National Park Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos
- Jasper Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- London Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Pigeon Lake Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Anchorage Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banff Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos