"PTL" Top 5 Page for this destination Groom by etfromnc
Groom Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
West Texas can get rather monotonous if you are just whizzing down the interstates 20 miles per hour above the speed limit, but the people are great and, once in a while, you will find something deserving of breaking that frenetic pace. Groom, TX, about 40 miles east of Amarillo is well worthy of such a stop. There really isn't a great deal to do or see but what is there is spectacular. There used to be a truck stop but it burned down and the only commemoration is the leaning tower of Britten (supposedly the name of the owner of the truck stop) and it certainly does not compete with the one in Pisa. The fanciest (read "only") restaurant in Groom is a Dairy Queen but their ice cream and burgers are pretty good. Groom is also home to what is reputed to be the largest cross in the Western Hemisphere but I have never been to Rio.
In a circle around the huge cross is a (more or less) set of life-size sculptures of the Stations of the Cross. These... more travel advice
etfromnc's Related Pages
Groom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Groom~Leanin Tower of Texas!!"
- "Basaic Groom Page"
- "brdwtchr's new Groom Page"
- "Groom, Texas"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Groom
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Groom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Groom
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 39 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo