"Home of DFW Airport" Top 5 Page for this destination Grapevine by etfromnc
Grapevine Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 199 photos
Be careful in answering if anyone asks whether you have been to Grapevine, Texas. If you have flown into, out of, or just through the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, you have been to Grapevine. On the other hand, if that is all that you have seen of Grapevine, you have missed the "real deal." The next time that you are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area try to find a few hours to visit Grapevine. But, be on notice, if you spend much time there you may very well want to spend even more time on future visits.
People who love Dallas or Fort Worth, and very few people genuinely love both, often think of Fort Worth as being the Gateway to the West. If Fort Worth is the Gateway then Grapevine is probably the cattleguard at the threshhold.
Check it out!!
Grapevine claims to be home to over 200 restaurants but I sincerely think that they must be counting the ones in DFW airport. There are some good ones but not really 200, unless you count those in the airport.
They also have seven wineries, most of which also have tasting rooms. Hopefully it is not a coming trend but the tasting rooms here were the first ones that I have ever visited where you have to buy every taste. A unique plus, however, is that a couple of them will even allow you to blend your own finished wine from their varietals. An adventure too daunting for me.
Because of its proximity to DFW Airport, the opening of several convention hotels/resorts within the past decade, the restaurants, and vast array of activities in the area, meeting planners, families, and individuals are increasingly looking to Grapevine as the place for their next meeting, vacation, or weekend getaway.
Settled in 1844, Grapevine is the oldest European settlement in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Pros:Brings back memories of cowtown Ft Worth
- Cons:Too much like Dallas
- In a nutshell:You can probably tell which one I prefer
Do you enjoy trains? Some trains take you nowhere but can be a lot of fun. Others take you somewhere but can get pretty... more travel advice
This store is a member of a (currently) 41 store chain of stores which offers just about anything that you could imagine... more travel advice
etfromnc's Related Pages
Grapevine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Grapevine"
- "Grapevine, Texas--Friendly and Historic!!"
- "Home of DFW Airport"
- "Heard it through the Grapevine, TX"
- "Grapevine, TX"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grapevine
- Hotels in Grapevine
- Transportation in Grapevine
- Nightlife in Grapevine
- Restaurants in Grapevine
- Shopping in Grapevine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grapevine
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Grapevine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grapevine
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo