"The Isles of Charleston" Isle of Palms by etfromnc
Isle of Palms Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 61 photos
There are three relatively prominent islands around Charleston which are well worth a visit if you are in the area and want a change of pace from history and Spanish moss.
The largest and most prominent of the three is Kiawah Island which has a definite golf resort atmosphere and reputation.
The smallest and least resort-like is Daniel's Island. Like the other two it is not the most inviting place for the more fiscally-challenged traveler. It has a more village-like atmosphere and probably a higher percentage of its residents are full-time.
The Isle of Palms is the one with which I am most familiar, having visited three times this year including attending my niece's wedding on the beach in May. The Isle of Palms covers about 5.6 sq miles and is more beach-oriented than the other two, thus the beach wedding. Waterfront restaurants abound, parasailing and jet ski rentals are available, and there are two golf courses designed by Tom Fazio.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Isle of Palms Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WILDEFLOWER's new Isle of Palms Page"
- "Staging at Isle of Palms"
- "Isle of Palms, South Carolina"
- "iop rocks"
- "The Isles of Charleston"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isle of Palms
- Hotels in Isle of Palms
- Transportation in Isle of Palms
- Nightlife in Isle of Palms
- Restaurants in Isle of Palms
- Shopping in Isle of Palms
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isle of Palms
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Isle of Palms?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isle of Palms
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos