"I think that sand traps were invented here." Pinehurst by etfromnc
Pinehurst Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
Come to the Sandhills of North Carolina and enjoy the ambiance of small towns, southern hospitality, great food, and relaxing accommodations from quaint bed & breakfasts to historic hotels. The Pinehurst, Southern Pines, Aberdeen Area provides a wonderful destination for visitors from all over the world. There is a lot of money in this area as it used to be the winter home for a lot of people from the Northeast before Florida became so easily accessible. Horses and golf are among the most popular leisure (?) activities. There are 43 of North Carolina's finest golf courses in the area and I have no idea how many equestrian centers. (And, yes, I know that sand traps were not invented here.) There are also incredible opportunities for dining, arts, and shopping, so it’s no wonder that golfers and non-golfers alike flock to the region for both its fairways and its fun.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Pinehurst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pinehurst Resort, North Carolina"
- "I think that sand traps were invented here."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pinehurst
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Pinehurst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinehurst
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 39 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo