"North Carolina's second port" Morehead City by etfromnc
Morehead City Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 64 photos
Being a small city on the coast, one would expect fresh seafood but what most people might not believe at first blush is that Morehead City is one of North Carolina's only two port cities. In addition to strictly commercial activities, there is also an extensive charter fishing fleet which operates out of this port, as well as several dive shops in the area. In addition to several fine seafood restaurants, there is an array of eateries offering everything from tacos to steak and vegetarian meals.
To get seafood any fresher than you can get here, you would have to be on the boat which caught it. Opened in 1938, the... more travel advice
If you love seafood and county fairs and the Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament is not your cup of tea, you may want to... more travel advice
etfromnc's Related Pages
Morehead City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port and power boat place"
- "North Carolina's second port"
- "Morehead City"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morehead City
- Nightlife in Morehead City
- Restaurants in Morehead City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morehead City
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Morehead City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morehead City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos