"Just Passin' Through" Greensboro by etfromnc

Greensboro Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 77 photos

Most of the time that I have spent in Greensboro has probably been spent on interstate highways 85 and 40 as both of those highways have been important connectors in my life for many years. My hometown is about 90 miles south of Greensboro on 85 and my undergraduate college is about 50 miles east of Greensboro on 85 and just off of 40. The town where I was born (as was Andy Griffith) is near 40 west of Greensboro, so I have passed through Greensboro often over this millenia and the last.

Fortunately for me, I have also found a lot of good excuses to stop in Greensboro through the years. As an undergrad, much of my dating revolved around UNC-Greensboro, which at that time was almost exclusively a Woman's College. In fact, for many years it was officially known as the Women's College of the University of North Carolina, proving that all "progress" is not necessarily a good thing. The woman that many in my family say I should have married was a student there and one of my most exciting friends from Duke lived in Greensboro.

Due to its location in the heart of the Atlantic Coast (intercollegiate athletic)Conference, and the size and convenience of its Coliseum, I have watched many basketball games there. As an aspiring musician and singer, I also attended several music camps and conferences there. Yet most of the time, I just drove through on the interstate, oftentimes not even thinking of the many wonderful memories and opportunities for more that are right there at the heart of my trip.

I must try to share some of those memories and opportunities by composing a few tips regarding Greensboro.

• Last visit to Greensboro: May 2007
  • Intro Written May 24, 2007

Comments

etfromnc Visits Here Frequently!

etfromnc

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Badges & Stats in Greensboro

Have you been to Greensboro?

Latest Activity in Greensboro