"Jumping off Point for ..." Warroad by etfromnc
Warroad Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 5 photos
No other body of water in Minnesota, probably no other body of water in the USA, gives up a greater treasure of walleye to anglers, month after month and year after year, than does the Lake of the Woods. Warroad and Baudette are two great access points for Lake of the Woods, but with 65,000 miles of shoreline in Minnesota and Canada, there is no way to pick THE best place. These towns were just best for my fishing buddies and me.
Once again VT has stymied my ability to describe Minnesota as I remember and love it. First, they would not let me pay proper homage to the Twin Cities and now they have no available references to the northernmost point in the "lower 48" of the United States.
The Northwest Angle of Minnesota is almost certainly a cartographer's error. You cannot reach it by land from any other part of the United States without going through Canada.
Outdoorsmen, especially fishermen, probably have great reason to be greatful for that little error. Although the area is over-developed for the true outdoor adventurer, and no local will agree with my theory, I sincerely feel that if the Northwest Angle were not isolated from the USA by water and an international border, it would be even more widely developed.
There are several fishing resorts on "The Angle" and "The Islands."
- Pros:Almost hidden out of the way
- Cons:Can't think of any
- In a nutshell:Be grateful for inept cartographers, Minnesotans
The Warroad Estates Golf Course is a very challenging course. It is located on the shore of Lake of the Woods and both... more travel advice
The Northwest Angle is almost one of those places that you cannot get to from here. You can get there but you should... more travel advice
etfromnc's Related Pages
Warroad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jumping off Point for ..."
- "Where the Heck is Warroad?"
- "Warroad, US"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warroad
- Transportation in Warroad
- Nightlife in Warroad
- Warnings and Dangers in Warroad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warroad
- 6 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Warroad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warroad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo