"Route 11" Karlstad by etfromnc
Karlstad Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
I am beginning to think that I am the only peron who loves Northern MN except for the people who live there, and they do not want anyone to know because then it will become just like the rest of our overcrowded world.
There are two highways numbered 11 in this country which I can very easily drive just for the joy of driving them. One is in western Virginia and the other is in far northern MN, and although the temperature is in single digits as I type this, I would dearly love to be there right now.
Karlstad is the western end of a very delightful wildflower and wildlife corridor which will take you to Baudette and Lake of the Woods.
The MN state flower is the Showy Lady's Slipper and the route 11 corridor in late June is one of the best places in the world to view this beauty but there are also dozens of other spectacular wild flower species blooming along this highway in late spring and summer.
Birds are also to be found in abundance all along highway 11 but for perhaps the best birdwatching go on over to Baudette and visit Zippel Bay State Park.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Karlstad Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Karlstad
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Karlstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo