"10,000 lakes... and how many waterfalls?" Grand Portage by etfromnc
Grand Portage Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 25 photos
When I think of lakes, I do not usually associate them with waterfalls so, before I started visiting Minnesota, I would have surmised that waterfalls would not be among my most poignant memories of Minnesota. I would have been wrong!! There may not be 10,000 but there are dozens, including one in the city of Minneapolis. The highest waterfall in Minnesota is, however, in Grand Portage State Park, and is accompanied by several lesser falls.
Grand Portage State Park is the northeasternmost part of the state of Minnesota, filling the triangle formed by the US - Canada border and Lake Superior. It is on State Highway 61 about 36 miles north of the town of Grand Marais and about 300 miles north of the Twin Cities.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Grand Portage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great Carrying Place"
- "Home and a place to visit"
- "10,000 lakes... and how many waterfalls?"
- "Basaic Grand Portage Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Portage
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Grand Portage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Portage
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 96 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 31 reviews, 14 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 7 photos
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
Latest Grand Portage hotel reviews
- Grand Portage Lodge and Casino
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 10, 2013