"A town that tourism built" Helen by etfromnc
Helen Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 429 photos
I was a bit surprised to learn that there are only seven towns in the world named Helen.
Helen, Georgia is a very nice town, the residents are very cordial, and I really enjoyed my weekend there but other than tourism and having family in the area, there probably are not a lot of reasons to go there. It bills itself as "Alpine Helen" but I have spent several weeks (altogether) in the Alps and Helen really does not remind me of any of the places that I visited in the European Alps. Nevertheless, if you live in the southeastern USA and want to enjoy a great Oktoberfest celebration or just get away from Atlanta, Columbia, or even Charlotte, this is a good place to go.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Helen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alpine Theme Far from Europe"
- "helen, georgia"
- "A town reinvents itself"
- "Willkommen to Helen"
- "Helen Georgia"
- "Georgia Alpine Village"
- "Welcome to Helen, GA or Alpine Helen as some say."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helen
- Hotels in Helen
- Transportation in Helen
- Nightlife in Helen
- Restaurants in Helen
- Shopping in Helen
- Warnings and Dangers in Helen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helen
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Helen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 39 reviews, 14 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos