"Finally, I got to spend the night!" Munich by etfromnc
Munich Travel Guide: 4,443 reviews and 10,484 photos
My first half dozen or so trips to Munich were more accurately trips through Munich. I never spent the night nor toured the city but I had an adventure each time. My visits were limited to the flughafen, to the area close around the bahnhof, and at least once getting from the flughafen to the bahnhof but some of my most poignant memories of Germany come from those early visits. There is nothing like a bratwurst and beer at 3 AM when you have been either airborne or literally running from plane to train for about 32 hours with nothing else to eat. That is one of the good memories. It seems that every time I pass through the airport, on the other hand, I have a struggle with customs, immigration, ATMs eating my debit card when no banks are open and I have only a few American dollars on my way to places where credit cards and checks are unheard of, etc. Those are among my trying memories. Nevertheless, I have very good memories of those early trips to Munich and they are even more poignant and attractive since I got to spend a day there last month. My hope to pay her a proper visit is even stronger now than it was before.
- Pros:A beautiful train station
- Cons:A very trying airport
- In a nutshell:I really do want to go back.
The term holocaust is an ancient word derived from the Greek language—"holos" (whole) and "kaustos" (burned)—but... more travel advice
Perhaps the worst part about living in the US of A is that if you want to visit just about any other country, you must... more travel advice
etfromnc's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
- Posted in Travel Crete Island Forum "Re: Travelling to Crete"
- updated a Munich Travel Page "Finally, I got to spend the night!"
- Wrote a Review The first Nazi concentration camp about Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site in Munich Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "You don't have to love beer to enjoy Oktoberfest!"
- Commented on one of Sol&Jo's Munich travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 40 reviews, 14 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo