"Finally, I got to spend the night!" Munich by etfromnc

Munich Travel Guide: 4,365 reviews and 10,186 photos

My first half dozen or so trips to Munich were more accurately trips through Munich. I never spent the night nor toured the city but I had an adventure each time. My visits were limited to the flughafen, to the area close around the bahnhof, and at least once getting from the flughafen to the bahnhof but some of my most poignant memories of Germany come from those early visits. There is nothing like a bratwurst and beer at 3 AM when you have been either airborne or literally running from plane to train for about 32 hours with nothing else to eat. That is one of the good memories. It seems that every time I pass through the airport, on the other hand, I have a struggle with customs, immigration, ATMs eating my debit card when no banks are open and I have only a few American dollars on my way to places where credit cards and checks are unheard of, etc. Those are among my trying memories. Nevertheless, I have very good memories of those early trips to Munich and they are even more poignant and attractive since I got to spend a day there last month. My hope to pay her a proper visit is even stronger now than it was before.

• Pros:A beautiful train station
  • Cons:A very trying airport
  • In a nutshell:I really do want to go back.
  • Last visit to Munich: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated May 15, 2012

• May 9, 2008 at 9:34 PM

He-he, how does the experince of getting trough the Munich airport compare with that at the Sofia train station?!?! ...ATM machines vs language barriers, hmmmm?!?! Marina ;-))

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Hi Ed, I think you need to give this city more of your time. You will love it ;-)

etfromnc

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Badges & Stats in Munich