"Exotic and out of the way" Uzbekistan by etfromnc
Uzbekistan Travel Guide: 1,836 reviews and 6,378 photos
As part of the Soviet Union for most of the 20th Century, Uzbekistan was inaccessible to many Westerners, especially those of us who worked for Western governments. When I finally was able to visit, it was only for two days, one while on the way to Afghanistan and the other on the way home but it was a wonderful experience. I would agree with the Exodus International writer who said that those who venture to this "uncommon destination" would be richly rewarded. This exotic land which once hosted Marco Polo and other caravans travelling on the Silk Road is beautiful and the people are very hospitable.
Uzbekistan is high on my list of places where I have once visited and would eagerly return.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Uzbekistan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Uzbekistan - the crossroads of time"
- "Uzbekistan-The Silk Road Wonder"
- "Uzbekistan, young country, old history."
- "On the ancient Silk Road"
- "Uzbekistan, many good memories"
- "Uzbekistan – visit, smell, touch, look and marvel"
- "NOW READY FOR TOURISM"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uzbekistan
- Hotels in Uzbekistan
- Transportation in Uzbekistan
- Nightlife in Uzbekistan
- Restaurants in Uzbekistan
- Shopping in Uzbekistan
- Warnings and Dangers in Uzbekistan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Uzbekistan
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Uzbekistan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzbekistan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 40 reviews, 14 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo