"Excellent cruise, or ferry, stop" Kerkyra by etfromnc
Kerkyra Travel Guide: 373 reviews and 843 photos
Corfu refers to both the island and to its main town. Villages of whitewashed houses are scattered throughout this idyllic isle. About a dozen miles (15-20 km) off the Albanian coast, Corfu is rich in Byzantine churches, Venetian fortresses, and vibrant nightlife, and these are just a few of the reasons it remains the most popular Ionian island. The cosmopolitan town has a population of 37,000, and a wealth of Greek, French, and British influences in its maze of narrow, cobbled streets and the sophisticated New Town.
Although it is part of Greece, it is not usually known by its Greek name of Kerkyra.
The first time I was in the town of Corfu, I was able to acquire a tailor-made suit in one day and its quality was so good that I wore it for at least a decade. Unfortunately, I do not recall the name of the shop and fear that they may be out of business because I have not been able to find it since.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Kerkyra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval atmosphere which is unique in Greece."
- "Emerald Island"
- "Two fortresses protect Kerkyra"
- "Kerkyra(Corfu Town)"
- "Corfu in a box"
- "Corfu Island & Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kerkyra
- Hotels in Kerkyra
- Transportation in Kerkyra
- Nightlife in Kerkyra
- Restaurants in Kerkyra
- Shopping in Kerkyra
- Warnings and Dangers in Kerkyra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kerkyra
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Kerkyra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kerkyra
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 40 reviews, 14 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos