"Animal highlights of a delightful trip" Umfolozi by etfromnc
Umfolozi Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 60 photos
As we were driving through the Umfolozi Game Park we came upon a beautiful cheetah which had just (probably within the previous five minutes) killed a young impala. We, and many others (over the course of a couple hours) watched as the cheetah ate, napped, protected his catch. Cheetahs are my favorite cats and among my favorite animals and I even harbor the fantasy of someday owning one.
We did not see as many species as I had expected to see but those which we did see were truly beautiful.
In the picture, please notice the impala laying by the cheetah's rear haunches.
The Nyala is a rare, very shy, and very beautiful antelope (and in spite of the picture, they do not have trees growing out of their shoulders).
Cape buffalo bull - a very dangerous animal. Some even say that they are the most dangerous animal in South Africa. They were definitely at the head of the line at the water hole.
etfromnc's Related Pages
Umfolozi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "We will see many more animals the rest of our stay"
- "Fantastic Photography Opportunities at Umfolozi"
- "Animal highlights of a delightful trip"
- "Wild and Wonderful Imfolozi"
- "On a hunt for the white rhinoceros?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Umfolozi
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Umfolozi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Umfolozi
Photos in UmfoloziSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Intro, 98 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 37 reviews, 14 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 8 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Matthews Intro, 10 reviews, 7 photos
- Groom Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Minneapolis Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Heraklion Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Durham Intro, 9 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macon Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo