"Letters, Latex and Lakes" Kottayam by ri2ko
Kottayam Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 46 photos
Kottayam is known as the land of letters , latex and lakes.
Letters because it is the press capital of kerala.Malayala Manoram one of the leading dailies in India has its origin from Kottayam
Its the land of Latex because more than 90% of Indias rubber is produced from Kottayam district.
And the entire world knows why it is land of lakes. Kumarakom - the queen of Kerala back waters is just 8Km from Kottayam.
- Pros:back waters and rubber estates
ri2ko's Related Pages
Kottayam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Churches of Kottayam"
- "Kottayam - our starting point for the backwaters"
- "Letters, Latex and Lakes"
- "Cradle of Malayalam LIterature"
- "My Backwaters Experience Ended Here..."
- "'SKY WINGS' Tours & Travels"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kottayam
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kottayam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kottayam
- Newcastle upon Tyne Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Munnar Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Isle of Wight Intro, 4 reviews
- Silverstone Intro, 3 reviews
No friends yet.