"Living in Ireland...." florry's Profile

just a bit about myself

Hello everbody, just telling you a little bit about myself. Born in Germany,i moved to Ireland over 20 years ago. I fell in love with this place"Dingle" , the people and the music. My job: cooking.. my hobbys:swimming,walking the beaches, painting and travelling. Went to cuba4 times and going again in January.This time it will be for 2 month and i cant wait to go.I dont know what it is with the place but so soon as i leave i want to be back there.I made some good friends over the year and some of them are like my family to me.Havana is my place..i just love it there..but i plan to see many more places in January

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ernest Hemingway
Forget your personal tragedy. We are all ***ed from the start and you especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it-don't cheat with it.
Ernest Hemingway

Never go on trips with anyone you do not love.
Ernest Hemingway

No weapon has ever settled a moral problem. It can impose a solution but it cannot guarantee it to be a just one.
Ernest Hemingway

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger at the broken places.
Ernest Hemingway

There are some things which cannot be learned quickly, and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are simple things, and because it takes a man's life to know them, the little new that each man gets from life is very costly and the only heritage he has to leave.
Ernest Hemingway

hey wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
Ernest Hemingway

What is moral is what you feel good after, and what is immoral is what you feel bad after.
Ernest Hemingway

You're beautiful, like a May fly.

thats me in the kitchen

When i was on holiday in teneriffe many years ago i was offered a job as a cook in this great seefood-restaurant. tempting....hmmm

Waves at Clogher beach

Windy day

My family on holiday

My mothers birthday, it was so nice to be there in the sunshine..:)

Something about me

July 2001 i had an heart-attack and had 4 bypass-surgery. That stopped me for a while doing anything and it took me a while to come to terms with.I was allways fit and healthy so i didnt expect that. Anyway thats how i started painting with oil, just recently i started using pastels.I dont paint so much as i like to, have to work to make some money.

party-time

This was my sons birthdayparty. We all had a brilliant time and got pretty drunk!!

My boys and me

Just trying to get a photo for the grandparents:)

• Intro Updated Feb 10, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
florry's Profile Photo

florry

“"Friends are like stars:you dont always see them, but they always there for you"”

Real Name