Saudi Arabia Nightlife Tips by Manyana Top 5 Page for this destination
Saudi Arabia Nightlife: 16 reviews and 7 photos
saudi in the evening - jeddah
during the holy month of ramadan - the ninth month in the lunar 'Hijri' calendar - the whole saudi arabia just looks different from the rest of the year. regardless of the fasting during the day, streets get crammed by people and cars, life becomes very vibrant, restaurants are open until 4am in the morning to serve Sahour meal (before starting the fasting day), malls wear new dresses of decoration and islamic-like design. it just becomes very 'christmas-like' but in a very islamic saudi way.
usually working shifts are shorter, same pay though. private companies and public sector work for 5 or 6 hours a day starting from 10pm to 3 or 4pm as maximum. that's due to the late hour people stay at; usually people sleep during the day and stay up the whole night until the morning literally speaking. the best TV shows during the year are specially shown during ramadan and they run until a late hour. many people, however, do lots of praying and worships and so mosques get flooded by worshippers, until 3am in the morning especially in the last 10 days in ramadan. it's believed, the doing good deeds - praying or charity - doubles the reward (spiritual) up to 7 times during ramadan. so people tend to get more religious at this holy month.
bottom line; in ramadan, drive all day and night, do your annual shopping, and pray
Dress Code: women tend to wear ramadan-like traditional dresses, but with a modern taste. men wear the same usual white thobe, though both of them stick the Miswak stick between their lips to get rid of the bad breath they catch during the fast.
More Reviews (46)
- See All musical instruments-3: Kanoun
- See All Educational revolution
- See All Never drink Tap water
- See All Religion is the Epitome of Saudia
- See All the Industrial East of Petrolium
Manyana's Related Pages
Saudi Arabia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1001 Arabian Nights ...."
- "Saudia: my perplexed obession"
- "Al-Mamlaka al-Arabiya as-Saudiya"
- "Home is where the heart is"
- " Sand, Souks, and Saudia"
- "redeagle's new Saudi Arabia Page"
- "welcome to Saudi Arabia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saudi Arabia
- Hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Transportation in Saudi Arabia
- Nightlife in Saudi Arabia
- Restaurants in Saudi Arabia
- Shopping in Saudi Arabia
- Warnings and Dangers in Saudi Arabia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saudi Arabia
- 173 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Saudi Arabia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saudi Arabia
- Posted in Travel Exeter Forum "Re: Exeter - Accommodation share..."
- Wrote a Review musical instruments-3: Kanoun in Saudi Arabia Local Customs
- updated a Saudi Arabia Travel Page "Saudia: my perplexed obession"
- Uploaded a Photo to "the Nighty Bustle of Ramdan"
- Commented on one of shelnlin's Saudi Arabia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 111 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 76 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Andalucía Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
Top Saudi Arabia hotels
- Mecca Hotels
- 157 Reviews - 344 Photos
- Medina Hotels
- 139 Reviews - 378 Photos
- Riyadh Hotels
- 571 Reviews - 1140 Photos
- Jiddah Hotels
- 713 Reviews - 1291 Photos
- Abha Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 73 Photos
- Dhahran Hotels
- 79 Reviews - 129 Photos
- Ras Tanura Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 15 Photos
- Ad Dammam Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 83 Photos
- Najran Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Khamis Mushayt Hotels
- 3 Hotels
- Al `Awali Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Yanbu` al Bahr Hotels
- 176 Reviews - 282 Photos
- `Usfan Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Tabuk Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 4 Photos
- Sakaka Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 10 Photos