"Saudia: my perplexed obession" Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia by Manyana
Saudi Arabia Travel Guide: 2,769 reviews and 6,382 photos
one word - it is the Land of Light, so we, Saudis, believe
Popular places that have things-to-do are:
- Riyadh is the capitol,
- Jeddah, my home,
- Dammam and the Eastern Region
- the holy cities: Makkah, Medinah.
-Abha as a sign of beauty of the nature,
-Hada-Asham, to refresh connection to earth,
- Khamis Mushayt,
- Gizan and Farasan Islands,
-Khaybar, stands for a history, and other places I have not explored yet!.
- Saudi Arabia has taken its name from the great grandfather of the Royal Family, 'Saud'. The family of Saud has been ruling for 300 years.
- the Political history of Saudi is divided into 3 eras: the first Saudi state, the second, and third one i.e.Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz is the first king to hold the title of 'custodian of the two Holy Mosques'.
- recognized on 23, Sept, 1932 as the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- member in GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) and the Arab League.
- Religion: Islam
- Government: monrachy
- Administrative Division : 13 regions (Mintaqa).
- Constitution: Islamic Law (Sharia)
- Capital: Riyadh
- Language: Arabic
-Currency: Saudi Riyal (SR1=100 halalah)
- Land area: 1,196, 582 sq km.
- Natural Resources: petroleum, gas, iron, gold
- Climate: dry with high temprature extremes.
- Economy: Petroleum export and religious tourism
the Islamic values have been incorporated into the Saudi culture; architecture, poetry, education and business.
It is a segregated culture where boys have their own education and business and girls have the same too. However, public places such as hospitals, malls and restaurants are mixed on certain conditions.
Saudi society is family-oriented where people make decisions based on what is good for the group.
For more tips on local costums, please visit specific pages of each city.
VT links on Saudi Arabia:
- Pros:big leaps in a good development
- Cons:hot weather
- In a nutshell:a place where all meet, and differences dissolve
during the holy month of ramadan - the ninth month in the lunar 'Hijri' calendar - the whole saudi arabia just looks... more travel advice
i have been to the eastern province 2 or 3 times perhaps on business trips, so haven't seen much nor do i know much... more travel advice
- See All Never drink Tap water
- See All Religion is the Epitome of Saudia
- International-Like Shopping
- See All SAPTCO:Saudi Buses
Written Apr 22, 2004
a close look at the Saudi Family
Written May 18, 2005
a Tour around Saudi Arabia
Manyana's Related Pages
Saudi Arabia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "1001 Arabian Nights ...."
- "Saudia: my perplexed obession"
- "Al-Mamlaka al-Arabiya as-Saudiya"
- "Home is where the heart is"
- " Sand, Souks, and Saudia"
- "redeagle's new Saudi Arabia Page"
- "welcome to Saudi Arabia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saudi Arabia
- Hotels in Saudi Arabia
- Transportation in Saudi Arabia
- Nightlife in Saudi Arabia
- Restaurants in Saudi Arabia
- Shopping in Saudi Arabia
- Warnings and Dangers in Saudi Arabia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saudi Arabia
- 173 Reviews
- 218 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Saudi Arabia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saudi Arabia
- Posted in Travel Exeter Forum "Re: Exeter - Accommodation share..."
- Wrote a Review musical instruments-3: Kanoun in Saudi Arabia Local Customs
- updated a Saudi Arabia Travel Page "Saudia: my perplexed obession"
- Uploaded a Photo to "the Nighty Bustle of Ramdan"
- Commented on one of shelnlin's Saudi Arabia travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 111 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 76 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Andalucía Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos