"Turkish History and Ancient Ages" Al `Ula by Manyana
Al `Ula Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 148 photos
- al-Ula history goes back to further than the Ottoman colony. It was ruled by several ancient kingdoms; such as Daidan, Kingdom of Lahyan, Maen State, Nabateans and other.
- Known among it people as the Bride of Mountains.
- Believed that Prophet Mohammed passed by it on his way to Tabuk Battle.
- It was the town of Jamil Buthaina (an ancient Arab poet who went crazy for the cause of love)
- Small town but big for sightseeings.
- Well-known for agriculture and water springs such as al-Adilia, az-Zahra, Sahla, al-Barakah and many other. So it's a good spot for growing palms and fruits trees.
- Pros:Historically interesting
- Cons:no entertainment spots
- In a nutshell:Discovery Channel
al-Ula acts as the main doorway to Mada'in Salih; the historical and touristic spot. It takes around 30 minutes to get... more travel advice
The actual town of al-Ula is divided into two parts regardless how small both are. The modern one and the old al-Ula.... more travel advice
Manyana's Related Pages
Al `Ula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "al Ula - العلا"
- "Turkish History and Ancient Ages"
- "Al Ula and Madain Saleh"
- "Al ULA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al `Ula
- Hotels in Al `Ula
- Transportation in Al `Ula
- Restaurants in Al `Ula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al `Ula
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Al `Ula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al `Ula
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 111 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 76 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Andalucía Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos