"31th August--Special Day of Malaysia" Kuala Lumpur by Manyana
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,388 reviews and 15,005 photos
Merdeka (Independence Day) is celebrated 31th, August. On that day, Malaysian people agreed to live for their country, make it a better place, since so, they live in harmony toward one goal.
It starts at the early morning 7.00 am to the noon. The Malaysian Sultan also attends. All people of all ethnics participate in that ceremony.
I never forget the view of physical disabled people who participated. The star on the glag represents the 14 Welayat (states) of Malaysia.*
KL is the capitol of cultural diversity, Malays with their different races and tourists with different nationalities. I like this picture, colors represent diversity but they are all in one path toward one goal
KL is full of natural scenes and parks, birds, flowers and lakes. You feel you'd breathe green, which always sustains harmony in the hearts of all malays and tourists as well.
- Pros:cheap transportation and accommodation, cultural history
- Cons:spicy food
- In a nutshell:a flower of different colors--multiculturalism
instead of hand shaking or kissing on cheek (like in saudi), it's to smell your guests' cheeks. Back to my Malay... more travel advice
Batu Caves believed to exist millions of years ago. It has around 5 temples inside the cave and the bottom of the... more travel advice
Manyana's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "The City That I Feel So Comfortable In..."
- "the city I grew up in..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Posted in Travel Exeter Forum "Re: Exeter - Accommodation share..."
- Commented on one of cokes's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "31th August--Special Day of Malaysia"
- Uploaded a Photo to "31th August--Special Day of Malaysia"
- Wrote a Review Malay greeting about Etiquette in Kuala Lumpur Local Customs
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 111 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jiddah Intro, 76 reviews, 78 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saudi Arabia Intro, 47 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mexico City Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Andalucía Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Medina Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos