"ELVIS SAVES" Memphis by brookdreamsoftravel

Memphis Travel Guide: 706 reviews and 1,598 photos

I like Evis but not a fanatic or anything lets get that clear! He looks like my dad in this picture. Anyway- ---i like that song In the ghetto and a few others.

Fried peanut butter sandwiches are so good when your loaded-- try them if you go 2 Graceland. : )

escaping the soggy caos

Ok so I didn't know where to go after I was rescued from New Orleans so I made my way to Memphis. I stayed there for two weeks after the storm- thanks days inn ya'll were so nice about taking me and my dog in. I got to do some sightseeing - took a couple of tours one of graceland and the other sun studios- worth seeing. I got to try some BBQ (yum) and went shopping to replenish my no wardrobe situation. Beale street is for the touristy types and thats alright ( the pat o briens there will make you feel like your in New Orleans which is nice and they have a great variety of music there) but the dive bars I enjoyed were Murphy's and the Buchaneer - stop and have a beer........for me!!!!

• Last visit to Memphis: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 27, 2006

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2006 at 5:20 PM

We didn't like Memphis very much, but in reality we only got a superficial impression of it. Saw Graceland & the Duck's Walk @ The Peabody Hotel.

brookdreamsoftravel

“When it is time to die, let us not discover that we never lived---H.Thoreau”

Badges & Stats in Memphis

Have you been to Memphis?

Latest Activity in Memphis