"Oranjewoud - a peculiar village" Oranjewoud by maartenw
Oranjewoud Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 38 photos
Oranjewoud may be considered a small 'suburb' of the larger town Heerenveen. It has historically close connections to the Dutch royal family, hence the name. Since 1676, in particular the widows of former Dutch/Frisian stadholders (viceregents) had their summer countryseat here.
The reason for our visit was mainly the beautiful Museum Belvédère. A small museum for modern art located in the old estate park that has interesting (local) paintings. The building itself is a true architectural highlight.
Nowadays Oranjewoud has a wonderful sampling of contemporary architecture. Odd and unconventional residential buildings have been built recently or are currently under construction.
maartenw's Related Pages
Oranjewoud Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Oranjewoud
- Hotels in Oranjewoud
- Transportation in Oranjewoud
- Restaurants in Oranjewoud
- Warnings and Dangers in Oranjewoud
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oranjewoud
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Oranjewoud?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oranjewoud
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mÿvatn Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Scotland Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Illhaeusern Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos