"Akureyri - Capital of north Iceland" Akureyri by maartenw
Akureyri Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 29 photos
Though Akureyri only has 22,000 inhabitants it is nonetheless the second largest town in Iceland and the capital of the northern part of the country.
We had a stressless flight from the domestic airport in Reykjavik to Akureyri. After only 40 minutes you land on the airport which is only a few miles south of 'downtown' Akureyri.
As we arrived late in the evening and left early the next morning we didn't see much of the city. Only that it is nicely located on the west bank of the Eyjafjörður and that it has a remarkably beautiful modernist Lutheran church.
Not in Akureyri but some 50 kilometres east you can visit the impressive Goðafoss. With a height of 12 meter not one of... more travel advice
maartenw's Related Pages
Akureyri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Akureyri - Capital of north Iceland"
- "IMPREXXION: AKUREYRI (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)"
- "Center of Culture"
- "Jumping Around Akureyri!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Akureyri
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Akureyri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akureyri
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mÿvatn Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Scotland Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Illhaeusern Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos