"Mývatn - Literally a hotspot" Top 5 Page for this destination Mÿvatn by maartenw
Mÿvatn Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 357 photos
The landscapes around lake Mývatn are exceptionally diverse, beautiful and bizarre. The area has highly active geothermal hotspots with smelly, steamy and bubbly mudpools. Old craters are adjacent to surrealistic looking lava fields. There's also a very nice nature bath nearby and the lake itself is a paradise for bird watchers.
Lake Mývatn is the biggest lake in Iceland. It's also very shallow (average depth is only 2 meters) making it an ideal... more travel advice
Leirhnjúkur is another geologically very active area and a great place to walk. It is quite a thrill to hike there.... more travel advice
maartenw's Related Pages
Mÿvatn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MÝVATN - AREA."
- "Myvatn: the meeting between water and fire."
- "Mývatn - Literally a hotspot"
- "Jumping Around Myvatn!"
- "Námafjall - boiling mud pools - more photos."
- "stunning and breathtaking!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mÿvatn
- Hotels in Mÿvatn
- Transportation in Mÿvatn
- Restaurants in Mÿvatn
- Warnings and Dangers in Mÿvatn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mÿvatn
- 7 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mÿvatn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mÿvatn
Photos in MÿvatnSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Lucia Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 14 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mÿvatn Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Scotland Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Iceland Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alsace Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Illhaeusern Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos