"Maratea..." Maratea by Jeannkelly
Maratea Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 48 photos
Maratea is an old quaint town in the Province of Potenza, of Basilicata Region in South Italy, is the Region's only way out to the Tyrrheaian Sea with its 30 kilometers or so of coastline in the Gulf of Policastro, between Sapri (Campania Region) and Marina di Tortora (Calabria Region)
Maratea is noted for its diverse and varied terrain, with nice foliage, rocky cliffs and beach line. At present, the coast is dotted with holiday facilities while habitation are mostly found in the town center.
The center of Maratea lies 624 meters above sea level. It is charcterized by Roman-Byzantine-influenced architectures.
In sum, Maratea is one of those old town- Italy that you can visit if one wish discover history, culture, beaches, and your typical Italian summer holiday.
- Pros:Camping, beaches, agri-tourism, food, old quaint town...
- In a nutshell:A small quaint town that is all about Italia!
The town center of Maratea should just be a side trip. Go to the coast because that is where the real holiday is. Though... more travel advice
Every night, the resort beside Camping Maratea would have a fireworks show. And if you are in the beach at night with... more travel advice
Jeannkelly's Related Pages
Maratea Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magic of Maratea"
- "Far less crowded than the Amalfi Coast"
- "Wonderful Maratea"
- "Counting down"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maratea
- Hotels in Maratea
- Nightlife in Maratea
- Restaurants in Maratea
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maratea
- 18 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Maratea?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maratea
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 69 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- Naples Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos
- Torino Intro, 19 reviews, 32 photos
- Italy Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santorini Island Intro, 16 reviews, 28 photos
- Maratea Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Vatican City Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Panglao Island Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos