"Fès El Bali" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilaya de Fes by JLBG

Wilaya de Fes Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 386 photos

Fès is three cities in one.
The new Fès, a modern city wirthout any interest for the tourist.
The half new city, Fès-El-Jédid, built in the XIIth century by the Mérinides.
Fès-El-Bali, the old Fès, that was built in two parts. The first was in 789 under Idriss the 1st and the second was in 809 under his 18 years old son.
The medina of Fès-El-Bali is the oldest of the whole Moslem world and the most well preserved of the medinas in Morocco.

• Last visit to Wilaya de Fes: Dec 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 28, 2004

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Good page, tips and photos of Fez.I would love the souks- but I would HATE the tanneries. I am a vegetarian- so all that I find quite repulsive.The architecture of Fez looks lovely.Thanks Jean-Louis

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I like your traffic light warning, I experienced something similar whilst travelling Malaysia in 2000. We were in Fez September'08, the tour of the Medina was fantastic.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2008 at 6:10 AM

That 'speeding ticket' story is a good one - it sure beats anonymous hidden cameras! Interesting photos of the old town. Just as well VT has only videos and not smell, when it came to the tannery! :)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2007 at 9:43 AM

I had to laugh. Your traffic ticket story reminds of the time we got a ticket near Sun City South Africa. I swear his radar gun was nothing more than a hair dryer he waved at us. Like you - no written ticket & our money went into his pocket. C'est la vie!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2006 at 12:47 AM

Interesting photos of the tanner's souk. I am not sure if I could stand the smell there, eeks!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 2:41 PM

Nce shots of the Tannery. Fez was my favourite city in Morocco.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2004 at 8:37 PM

More interesting stuff about a destination high on our "to do" list.

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2004 at 4:27 PM

Nice medina pics!

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 11:46 PM

Jean Louis cette page est superbe :-) Now I know a real expert in Morocco :-))

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2004 at 2:45 PM

Stuning photos again. Thanks.

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Wilaya de Fes

Have you been to Wilaya de Fes?

Latest Activity in Wilaya de Fes