"Has Mexican hat ever be climbed ?" Top 5 Page for this destination Mexican Hat by JLBG

Mexican Hat Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 33 photos

Mexican Hat is a village of 50 inhabitants. It would not be worth mentioning and building a page if it was not that the name itself is funny and that the surroundings are great. The name of Mexican hat comes from a large flat rock 20 meters in diameter perched on a tiny base at the top of a stiff rock. It looks almost like a sombrero on top of its owner !

I wonder if anybody has ever climbed Mexican hat ? That must be quite a challenge ! Anybody knows ?

I thank Vere’ (VT Grazina) for her comment :
As a tour guide in my area of Page we tell people "Please don't climb on the rock". It rock like this is what we call a hoo doo created by wind.

My question was kidding, of course !

• Intro Updated Nov 21, 2009

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I liked Mexican Hat when I drove through the area. Thanks for the page.

• Jul 26, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Intersting tips

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Valley of the Gods....Sounds like where I live. LOL

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Isn't this area amazing?! So many wonderful historic and natural things to see! We passed not far from here. Next time we will make a detour. Nice page Jean-Louis!

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM

It appears that you encountered some scenic southwestern landscapes in the area.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Never heard of "Mexican Hat" before but the area is quite stunning! Great scenery, but this looks like a good place to prepare for the Kepi Blanc March!!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2007 at 6:26 AM

What a heck of a place if your car broke down!!

• kevanrijn's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2007 at 2:54 AM

Ah, yes, I have been here. I have to say I didn't expect to find a VT page on the place. I was interested in going here because Mexican Hat figures heavily as a setting in one of Tony Hillerman's mysteries...and I am a big fan of his books.

• Grazina's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2007 at 10:49 PM

As a tour guide in my area of Page we tell people "Please don't climb on the rock". It rock like this is want we call a hoo doo created by wind.

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2006 at 8:35 AM

I guess when you visited, the population was temporarily 51 :)

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Mexican Hat

Have you been to Mexican Hat?

Latest Activity in Mexican Hat