"350 days of sunshine" Top 5 Page for this destination Palm Springs by JLBG

Palm Springs Travel Guide: 353 reviews and 772 photos

Palm Springs is proud of its 350 days of sunshine. When it began to develop as a resort city, asthmatic and hay fever addicted citizens from all over the US settled in this almost pollen free area. As much the city grew, as much the people planted as much as they can around their houses. The result is that now, Palm Springs has as much pollen as any other city in California. However, it is an attractive city where the sky is never grey, the temperature never cold. It has many hot springs, hence the name.

Palm Springs is located in the valley of the upper Colorado Desert with high mountains around. In early April they are still covered with snow. For example, Mount San Jacinto stands 10804 feet above the sea level.

• Intro Updated May 3, 2005

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Jean-Louis, Checking out the area for a little road trilp. You might be interested in the website for the rotating tram ride to the top: http://www.pstramway.com/index.asp

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Why am I surprised to see you were here? You are everywhere! :) I keep a condo there but don't expect to get back for awhile. <(•¿•)>

• Aug 10, 2009 at 3:33 AM

Some great aerial photos from the top of the mountain

• Jun 23, 2009 at 3:01 PM

My Great Grand Parents and my Grand Mother was Cahuilla Indian. So does that consider me part of there Tribe. My great grandmother lost her mother from small pox and then she was adopted by her sister.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Wonderful page Jean-Louis! We just visited Palm Springs over my kids spring break. We couldn't had asked for better weather. It was fun and there is so much to do there.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Nice page on a part of California that I have not yet visited.

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2007 at 9:55 AM

I am checking out the Palm Springs pages as am planning on returning there next March. I will have to check out the museums this time.

• Sep 11, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Personally found this a let down..maybe it's just that Canadian Museums rock..but we have better California desert exhibits here!! It was still an OK way to spend a few hours.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Whenever I think of Palm Springs I remember the huge park with the white wind mills. Nice page anyway, thanx for sharing!

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2006 at 4:41 PM

Beautiful photo of the Encelia farinosa! Palm Springs looks like a very wonderful place. Great page, nice photos of the tramway!

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Palm Springs

Have you been to Palm Springs?

Latest Activity in Palm Springs