"Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !" Top 5 Page for this destination Death Valley National Park by JLBG
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide: 905 reviews and 1,963 photos
Death Valley is the largest National Park of mainland USA. It has stunning landscapes such as Zabriski point, shown here. The name of Death Valley might have been coined for better marketing by tour operators to bring new visitors. Actually, it is the name given by the first settlers, in the XIXth century and was mostly designed to discourage others to come here mining !
It is a land of contrast. The valley itself hosts the lowest elevation in the entire world while it has a frame of several ranges of high elevation mountains, such as the Panamints, shown here.
Scotty's Castle is said to be a must. I had a look from the outside and felt that was enough. There were plenty of other things to visit, I had not much timle and I have no regret about skipping it. I preferred to look and take photos of all the superb flowers that you will see under "general"
This a Cuscuta, a parasit plant that sucks another plant. It has no leaves, no roots, no chlorophylle, only long stems... more travel advice
At Furnace creek, this plant, that looks almost like a Daisy, a Desert Daisy, is called Tidy tip (Layia glandulosa) and... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Death Valley National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Death Valley National Park Page"
- "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- "~ Blooming with life!~"
- "Into the Valley of Death..."
- "Death Valley - Land of Beauty and Contrasts"
- "Death Valley"
- "Multiple Colors in the "Death" Desert"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Death Valley National Park
- Hotels in Death Valley National Park
- Transportation in Death Valley National Park
- Nightlife in Death Valley National Park
- Restaurants in Death Valley National Park
- Shopping in Death Valley National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Death Valley National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Death Valley National Park
- 45 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Death Valley National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Death Valley National Park
- Posted in Travel Bulgaria Forum "Re: Vacations for locals ?"
- Commented on one of Yaqui's Death Valley National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Close up on a Charcoal kiln"
- updated a Death Valley National Park Travel Page "Death Valley ? No, a valley of flowers !"
- Wrote a Review Cuscuta about Flora / Fauna in Death Valley National Park Favorites
Photos in Death Valley National ParkSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos