"Lezha, Skanderbeg burial site" Lezhe by JLBG
Lezhe Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 46 photos
Lezha is a 20,000 inhabitants town, 39 km south to Shkodra and 77 km north to Tirana. It was founded by Dionysios of Syracuse under the name of Lissus. It is called Alessio in italian
Lezha was the site of the League of Lezha in 1444 where Gjergj Kastriot Skanderbeg united the Albanian princes in the fight against the Ottoman Empire. Skanderbeg was buried in the cathedral of Lezhë which was dedicated to Saint Nicholas.
On our May 2007 travel, we have not really visited Lezha. We made only a short stop to have lunch and did not even visit Skanderbeg burial site, the main point of interest of the town!
I had built a Lezha page from my 1988 travel in Albania. Instead of mixing 1988 and 2007, I have preferred to build a new 2007 page. I have transferred my 1988 page to Rrethi i Lezhes.
This is an entirely new page!
Photo 1 shows the three dishes we chose. The waitress brought us a special bread (in the center of the photo) which was... more travel advice
I took this photo on Beselidhja square, in front of the 2 March 1444 monument. I felt that it was more or less a figure... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Lezhe Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Lezhe
- Hotels in Lezhe
- Transportation in Lezhe
- Restaurants in Lezhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lezhe
- 8 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (130)
Have you been to Lezhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lezhe
Photos in LezheSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos