Bar Transportation Tips by JLBG Top 5 Page for this destination
Bar Transportation: 12 reviews and 14 photos
The harbor offices are working in a long, one level building; On arrival, you have nothing to do in the building, but I guess that, as well as in Ancona, on departure, you find inside the offices of the ferry company(ies) and the custom and polices offices. On arrival, everything is done in your car, on line, when leaving the harbor.
If you wish to arrive in Montenegro by sea, Bar will be your port of entry. Regular lines are from Ancona and from Bari, run by a company from Bari, Morfimare
The Sveti Stefan 1 connects Bar and Bari everyday, year round, while the Sveti Stefan 2 connects Ancona to Bar every saturday in the high season. There does not seem to be any sailing in the low season. We sailed from Ancona on the Sveti Stefan 2, a newer boat to Sveti Stefan 1 but anyway an old second hand boat (or more !). Anyway, even if the carpet in the gangways is worn out and has holes in several places, the boat is in good sailing condition. Do not expect a fancy custom free shop, it is a mere cabin with a few item on a shelf but do you really need more ?
The photos shows the landscapes that you discover, one after the other, when arriving close to Bar. You will have to enlarge them to see better. The fourth one discloses clearly the entrance into the harbor.
On board, passengers have access to every area of the boat, which is nice for our little dog that enjoys lying on the mooring ropes ! Of course, that does not fits with usual security rules but at the last minute, when the mooring maneuver starts, there is a sudden move and everybody has to run away !
Already moored at the next quay, stands the Sveti Stefan 1, actually Sveti Stefan. She is registered in Nassau ! I have not checked that, but I suppose that the Sveti Stefan 2 is also registered in Nassau. The harbor does not seem very busy and there are no other ferries or cargo.
At the entrance into the harbor, the pilot, a towboat named Sozina comes by the Sveti Stefan 2 but does not seem to take part directly into the maneuvering and only makes round on our port side. I suppose she is there just "in case" and because this is the rule but the captain of a boat that sails every week to the harbor should not really need any assistance from a pilot !
More Reviews (13)
JLBG's Related Pages
Bar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Antibari (Bar) [Montenegro] vs Bari [Italy]"
- "Bar, Montenegro"
- "my Bar page"
- "What a name!"
- "Killing Time in Bar"
- "The My Holidays in Bar - Montenegro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bar
- Hotels in Bar
- Transportation in Bar
- Nightlife in Bar
- Restaurants in Bar
- Shopping in Bar
- Warnings and Dangers in Bar
- See All...
Explore the World
- State of Maharashtra
- Lago de Pátzcuaro Hotels
- Winterset Hotels
- Ilha de São Miguel
- Clarion Hotels
- Trinidad Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bar
- 17 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Bar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bar
Photos in BarSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Bar hotel reviews
- Villa Jadran
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013