"Budva" Budva by JLBG

Budva Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 793 photos

Budva was founded by the Greeks and is among the oldest cities of the Montenegrin littoral. As most cities of the littoral, it had numerous rulers along the centuries. In 1443 and for almost four centuries, it became the southernmost position of the Republic of Venice. It was during that period that most of the old town was built and the general frame was not very different from what it is today.

We have not visited Budva this year and will give here a few bird's eye view shot from the road running from Petrovac to Cetinje.

• Last visit to Budva: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Oct 2, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Ah, what a coastline :-))) Sveti Stefan looks so nice, but I am a but doubtful if such a luxury hotel is a good idea. But then... tourism calls.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2009 at 6:43 AM

I must admit, that I do not know much about this part of the world. The views are beautiful though and the fort - impressive and huge.

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM

It is good choice to see Budva off-season, but not in winter. Anyway, we see you have enjoyed the view from the road. The news about Montenegro coast is pedestrian tunnel between Rafailovici and Kamenovo (near Budva).

• iwys's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM

I spent a week in Budva and loved it. I never had a camera with me, so it's great to see your photos.

• Mar 17, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Some people idolize musicians, whereas others may find athletes to be the perfect role model. Me, I admire you & am jealous of all your travels. I guess there is more time for leisure in France with a 35 hour work week.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Weren't you lucky? You had fabulous weather while you were driving along the coast. Brings back wonderful memories.

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 7:57 AM

Jean-Louis, nice pictures and information of this area. Sveti Stefan looks wonderful.

• goga4444's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 3:24 PM

Cool pics of the coast... I love the wiev from that road to Cetinje... it is just great.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 8:08 PM

Wonderful tips about Budva and the region, great job.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 3:49 AM

Jean-Louis, another very interesting little gem from your visit along this coastline! The Sveti Stefan island hotel looks very impressive - I had not heard of it before.

JLBG