"A mountain resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Kolasin by JLBG
Kolasin Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 53 photos
Kola?in is a 3,000 inhabitants town at an elevation of 954 m. The district (municipality) of Kola?in has 9,000 inhabitants.
In the past, Kola?in was the place for bloody battles, first for the independence from Turkey, later (WWII) to free Montenegro from any foreign occupation. It has been almost completely destroyed several times and thus has no ancient buildings.
The city stands at the foot of Mount Bjelasica (elevation 2,139 meters) and of the Sinjajevina massif that tops at 2,277 meters with Mount Babji Zub. It is the main city of the Morača valley. It is a ski station and one of the centers of Montenegro's mountain tourism ?abljak is a more attractive destination, but Kola?in has the advantage of being easily accessible by road (E65, E80).and even by rail (Belgrade - Bar railway). Podgorica Airport is 80 km (50 mi) away, and has regular flights to major European destinations.
Hotel Cile hDSC00333.jpg Hotel Čile stands in a small, quiet alley. It was built 16 years ago and fulfills all... more travel advice
Morača monastery stands along the Morača river and along the main road, between Podgorica and Kola?in, 19 km... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Kolasin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A mountain resort"
- "Kolasin / www.landbroker.me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kolasin
- Hotels in Kolasin
- Transportation in Kolasin
- Restaurants in Kolasin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kolasin
- 9 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (226)
Have you been to Kolasin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kolasin
Photos in KolasinSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos