"Not really a Nikšić page!" Top 5 Page for this destination Niksic by JLBG

Niksic Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 120 photos

On our way from Kruja (Albania) to Mostar (Bosnia i Herzegovina) we arrived in Nikšić at the end of the afternoon.

The city of Nikšić is well known for its beer but the city did not seem to be very interesting to visit and anyhow, that was not our goal as we had a limited time to drive back home. Our concern was to find a hotel for one night. In the hotel tips, I will explain our hotels adventures.

Next morning, we drove in the direction of Dubrovnik and had a look at Most na Moštanici and Slano Jezero.

• Last visit to Niksic: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 21, 2007

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Oh wow, Slano Jezero looks like marvellous for paddling! Is that possible there? Haha, yes, I would need a ladder to grab the towels. Very funny and interesting motel story!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2008 at 2:50 PM

You always have some of the nicest and most informative pages. Thanks for letting experience your wonderful travels!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2007 at 10:47 PM

At least you found a room in Niksic, which was more than we managed to do when we tried in the early 70s! No custom posts at all on the roads in or out of the city then. leyle

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2007 at 10:32 PM

Those border crossings (presumably with appropriate paperwork, passports etc) are absurd! I think I'd need several Niksicko Pivos after enduring that!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 11:55 PM

12 custom offices and several hours wasted there - it's too much! The bathroom in your hotel is just for such tall men like you and me... Thanks Jean-Louis for sharing!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2007 at 8:25 AM

Very much like our adventures. Just a stop along the way...but you never know what, or who, you're gonna find. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2007 at 8:19 AM

There is very good explanation abotut the room in Trebjesa being as it is - Montenegrins are, take of the average, the tallest nation in Europe. By the way, there is a joke about Montenegrian sparrow and Montenegrian worm talking... do you know it?

• Nov 21, 2007 at 6:25 AM

Jean, your picture on the introductory page was magnificent! Combining this with your hotel odyssey made for an excellent read.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Very interesting adventures in Hotel Trebjesa, but that is what makes travelling so much fun! I thought I was doing well to drive a 1000-km per day for 4 days, but I never had to deal with 12 customs checks in one day! Great page J-L!!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Glad you finally found a hotel for the night, despite all those adventures. Whatever it was that happened there in 1919, I suspect it wasn't anything good.

JLBG