"A short glimpse at Bitola." Top 5 Page for this destination Bitola by JLBG
Bitola Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 1,050 photos
Bitola has for long been so famous for it’s monastery that it gave it her name in several languages : Monastiri in Greek, borrowed both by the Ottomans and the Albanians as Manastir. The name Bitola used in Macedonian comes from the ancient Slavic “obitel” with the same meaning. Other Slavic languages use closely related names such as Bitolj, Bitolya and others.
Bitola is a large city (100,000) that might have been the capital of Macedonia but Tito chose Skopje instead though, at that time, much smaller.
We arrived in Bitola at 6 PM, may 16th, coming from Korcë, Albania, and spent only one evening in that charming town. Sorry Valentina and Vters that will be in town the following week but I had to be back home on May 22nd and could not meet any of you !
I am not going to build a full page out of such a short visit but to give a few glimpses. I know I have missed a lot of places (the bazaar, etc) I will have to come back !
We did not go to the Hotel but to the restaurant of the hotel. It looked a bit formal but finally nice. We had... more travel advice
We found this small hotel by pure chance. The room was 45 € and very comfortable. We had planned to have dinner in the... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Bitola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bitola Baban BItola......"
- "Noble and Proud – Bitola"
- "A short glimpse at Bitola."
- "On and Off the Road in Bitola"
- "Pre euromeet 2011 Bitola"
- "Bitola - A Townfull Of Bars !"
- "Bitola, Moj Roden Kraj ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bitola
- Hotels in Bitola
- Transportation in Bitola
- Nightlife in Bitola
- Restaurants in Bitola
- Shopping in Bitola
- Warnings and Dangers in Bitola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bitola
- 16 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Bitola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bitola
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos