"Gavrio, not more than a passage!" Gavrion by JLBG

Gavrion Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 13 photos

When you visit the island of Andros, you cannot avoid Gavrio as it will be your landing place. Because of prevailing northerly winds, the Chora, on the eastern shore, has no real harbor. Gavrio is a good shelter and became the landing spot for all ferries. It is a small town with every facility but with no real interest. Most visitors do not stay in Gavrio.

• Intro Written Oct 22, 2008

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I'm not sure but I think the church is Agia Sofia

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2010 at 10:56 PM

We recently did the Piraeus/Paros/Naxos/Santorini trip by ferry, and yes, I too was amazed at the speed with which the ferries pull away from the landing dock!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM

What a great page, thanks to great people like you, we can make informed descisions about where to visit ;-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Oh my, your photo "quiet life" is so classically Greece that I wish I could sit on a bench there right now, with a retsina and look at the water and the fishermen boats :-)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Amazing fairy chimney top in Andros, haha! Time is money in calm and quiet island? May be only on ferries, haha! Thanks Jean-Louis for your great virtual tour on Greece.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Great description. I can imagine disembarking the ferry and wandering through the small village of this picturesque Greek isle.

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Gavrion

Have you been to Gavrion?

Latest Activity in Gavrion