"Parga, a picturesque village and bay." Top 5 Page for this destination Parga by JLBG

Parga Travel Guide: 145 reviews and 402 photos

Parga is a touristy little town of a little more than 2,000 permanent residents. It is 49 km south to Igoumenitsa and 67 km north to Preveza. It is spelled Παργα in Greek.

It is nested on the slopes of Mount Pétzovolios, at the bottom of a well sheltered bay of the Ionian sea, on the north western coast of Greece. It is considered as one of the prettiest villages of Greece and I can agree with that. No wonder that in summer it is crowded!

I have been to Parga half a dozen times, either by road or by sea when sailing to the Ionian islands.

• Last visit to Parga: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 9, 2008

• craic's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 4:24 AM

oh it is so beautiful

• Jan 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM

My first comment for 2009! Its my mother's place she born to a village near to Parga. I've been here many times when i was very young!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 10:06 AM

What vivid photographs you have! I was impressed by the info about the "oven grave". Chapel on Panagia Island is so lovely. A wonderful page.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2008 at 10:45 AM

I must agree with you that Parga is one of the prettiest villages of Greece! Pity that I won't see it with my own eyes...

JLBG Visits Here Frequently!

JLBG