"Oros Pilion, a peninsula and a mountain range" Top 5 Page for this destination Oros Pilion by JLBG
Oros Pilion Travel Guide: 157 reviews and 471 photos
Oros Pilion is a peninsula and a mountain range standing in the eastern central part of Greece. It is about 50 km, north to south and 5 km to 20 km from east to west. It is more or less the same mountain range than Evia and thus, has many geographic features in common. When you drive in Pilion, be aware that you will drive mountain roads and when you establish your time schedule (better not have any!), consider that your average speed will never reach 35-40 km per hour! So, take your time and enjoy!
Oros Pilion is spelled Oρoσ Pιλιoν in Greek, which means the Pilion mountain
The island is very mountainous and has thus a very indented coast with many small,isolated coves. Actually, Evia is itself a mountain range sitting in the Egean! This mountain range can be found on the continent with the Pelion peninsula and with Mount Olympe at the northern end.
I took a photo of this rock because I was impressed by the shape and size of the crystals have limited knowledge in... more travel advice
Grecian fox glove (Digitalis lanata), growing in eastern Europe and fox glove (Digitalis purpurea), growing mostly in... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Oros Pilion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Long Overdue Return to Pilion"
- "The Beautiful Villages of Pelion"
- "Oros Pilion, a peninsula and a mountain range"
- "Maybe the most wonderful mountain of Greece..."
- "Mount Pilion in central Greece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oros Pilion
- Hotels in Oros Pilion
- Transportation in Oros Pilion
- Nightlife in Oros Pilion
- Restaurants in Oros Pilion
- Shopping in Oros Pilion
- Warnings and Dangers in Oros Pilion
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oros Pilion
- 11 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (128)
Have you been to Oros Pilion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oros Pilion
- Posted in Travel Bulgaria Forum "Re: Vacations for locals ?"
- Commented on one of Yiannis2000's Oros Pilion travel pages
- updated a Oros Pilion Travel Page "Oros Pilion, a peninsula and a mountain range"
- Wrote a Review Beautiful crystals! in Oros Pilion Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beautiful crystals!"
Photos in Oros PilionSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos