"Cavtat, the south of the south in Croatia !" Top 5 Page for this destination Cavtat by JLBG
Cavtat Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 379 photos
Cavtat is the southernmost town of Croatia. It is 16 km South to Dubrovnik and 30 km North to the Montenegrin border, 2 km out of the main road . This part of Croatia, for almost 150 km, is a narrow strip of land (10-15 km wide) between Bosnia Herzegovina and the Mediterranean.
The city was first a Greek colony named Epidaurus. Its inhabitants founded Dubrovnik in the 7th century on a location that offered more shelter. The city was later called Civitas vetus (the old city) by its former inhabitants. It is generally considered that Civitas vetus gave Cavtat though there are several legends that give different etymologies.
Dagnje (regular mussels) grow on wooden poles or on grids and are cultivated on many coasts. Prstači (date... more travel advice
Restaurant Leut is standing in the center of Cavtat, on a small square. They have an outside terrace on the square as... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Cavtat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cavtat was here first!"
- "Cavtat, the south of the south in Croatia !"
- "Very nice Dalmation city Cavtat"
- "Sunsets and Sailing Ships"
- "Beauty and Peace at Cavtat Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cavtat
- Hotels in Cavtat
- Transportation in Cavtat
- Nightlife in Cavtat
- Restaurants in Cavtat
- Shopping in Cavtat
- Warnings and Dangers in Cavtat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cavtat
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (226)
Have you been to Cavtat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cavtat
- updated a Cavtat Travel Page "Cavtat, the south of the south in Croatia !"
- Posted in Travel Bulgaria Forum "Re: Vacations for locals ?"
- Commented on one of starship's Cavtat travel pages
- Wrote a Review This dish is now forbidden! in Cavtat Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "This dish is now forbidden!"
Photos in CavtatSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos