"The smallest town in the world ?" Hum by JLBG
Hum Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 29 photos
Hum is situated 15 km southeast of Buzet. It prides itself of being the world smallest town. There are obviously smaller cities, but what is the difference between a town and a village ? Even if an elected mayor, a city wall, a church, are a must to define a town, there seem to be other cities that can claim the same. In France, I have found two cities that claim they are the smallest village of France : Larressingle, a fortified village of half an hectare, within a city wall of 250 meters built in the XIIth century and Castelmoron-d'Albret which, with 4 hectares has obviously not any right for that claim. In Belgium, the slogan of Durbuy, a picturesque little city in a deep valley of the Ardennes mountains is "the smallest town on earth". In the USA, Fishtail in southern Montana consists of about 5 buildings. It is also another "smallest town in the world".
Anyway, this is not really important to be number one smaller town in the world! THE smallest or one of the smallest, does not matter as far as Hum IS a nice city to visit.
The Aleja glagoljasa was conceived by a poet, Zvane Crnja, that founded of the cakavian academy, from the name of one of... more travel advice
Wow, this stone has a flat top, that will make a perfect stand to have a quick Glagolitic picnic with delicious Istarski... more travel advice
JLBG's Related Pages
Hum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The smallest town in the world ?"
- "They say it's the smallest city of the world!"
- "The smallest city in the world!"
- "Hum, Croatia."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hum
- 14 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (224)
Have you been to Hum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hum
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 161 reviews, 190 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tassili n'Ajjer National Park Intro, 148 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iceland Intro, 126 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rouen Intro, 128 reviews, 144 photos, 2 travelogues
- Annaba Intro, 72 reviews, 175 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Porec Intro, 70 reviews, 173 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pula Intro, 116 reviews, 119 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trento Intro, 76 reviews, 152 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Strasbourg Intro, 71 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Albania Intro, 60 reviews, 156 photos