"Sailing in the Kornati islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Kornati Islands National Park by JLBG

In 1990, we thought that the Kornat islands, where I had previously sailed several times was worth another visit. We rented a boat in Zadar and spent a wonderful week (definitely not enough but we had no more time).

In VT, there are not so many pages on the Kornati (the best one by KristaB at Kornati), so I feel some more pictures would be interesting. Kristina has been there recently. It seems it has not changed a lot, but anyway, for the fresh infos, look at her page.

Zadar

We need a boat !

First sight of the typical Kornati islands landscape

• Last visit to Kornati Islands National Park: Aug 1990
  • Intro Updated Nov 14, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Loved this leisurely sail between the islands - you've conveyed the pace of the day beautifully. leyle

• Jan 28, 2009 at 4:55 AM

Also nice job - All your websites are full of informations!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 4:44 AM

This was quite an adventure Jean-Louis. Great pics considering they were taken quite a few years ago. Thanks for the virtual journey. And also thanks for visiting my home town of Windsor.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 10:09 AM

147 islands and islets! Looks like a beautiful place for sailing. That's a fine sunset photo, even if it means that tomorrow will not be a bright day.

• eledhwen's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2006 at 12:15 AM

A wonderful place, I can not wait to be there already, heading to Kornati on 24th June...That lobster tip is great, I will definitely try it.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2006 at 5:54 PM

What a great way to escape civilization and enjoy blue water, incredible landscapes and of course, that lobster!!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2005 at 3:36 PM

An excellent page! It sounds and looks very relaxing - sipping wine while you wait for your lobster to cook or enjoying the spectacular scenery as you sail !! Thanks for taking me to these islands, I always wondered what they were really like!

• polardabar's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2005 at 2:16 PM

nice colour of the sea, right? ;)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2005 at 11:11 PM

I have to visit Kornati Islands National Park, next time in Croatia, I see. Thanks for sharing, pure beauty!

JLBG

Badges & Stats in Kornati Islands National Park

Have you been to Kornati Islands National Park?